Advice on claiming Statutory Sick Pay
Should you be absent from work due to sickness, you must inform you consultant at least one hour before your shift is due to start on every day of your absence.
You may be entitled to claim for Statutory Sick Pay depending on you meeting the following criteria:
- You must earn at least £120 per week before tax.
- You must be absent from work for at least 4 days or more in a row to qualify (including non-working days).
- If you are absent for 7 days or more then you must provide us with a ‘fit note’, formerly known as a sick note, from your Doctor or Hospital.
- For absences under 7 days, you will need to provide us with a self-certification form. A PDF of this form is available to download below.
What you will receive:
- If you meet the qualification criteria as above, then you will receive £96.35 per week.
- This is paid weekly in the same manner that your wages are paid to you.
- All SSP is subject Tax and National Insurance contributions.
- You will be paid for the days that you normally work each week.
- You can claim SSP for a maximum of 28 weeks.
Should you have any questions regarding eligibility or how to claim Statutory Sick Pay, then please contact your consultant or the payroll department on 0330 111 5252.
Full guidance on Statutory Sick Pay can be found on the Government website here
Other Resource Library Articles
Our Resource Library includes advice and information for job seekers and those employed through Recruitment Solutions. You may also be interested in these articles:
There are laws which determine how long you can work and how many rest periods your employer should give you.
If you are employed as a driver, there are rules which determine how long you can drive for in any given period of time.
If you are employed through Recruitment Solutions you are likely to be entitled to an auto-enrolment pension.
If you’re an overseas worker, find out what you need in order to start working in the UK in either a temporary or permanent role.
If you are employed through Recruitment Solutions, you will be entitled to take holidays and take holiday pay.