You are applying for this role:
HGV Class 1 Driver
The vacancy number is:
To apply for this job, simply fill out the form below and attach your CV. One of our team will be in touch.
Our client based in Didcot, Oxfordshire are currently looking to recruit 10+ HGV Class 1 drivers to their team on temporary to permanent contracts.
Our client are market leaders in the distribution of food and drink. As a class 1 driver, you will be an integral part of the distribution team, ensuring stock arrives to customers in a safe and timely manner.
We have two shift’s available:
Day routes on a shift pattern of 4 days per week (generally 12 hour shifts)
– day routes are early morning starts (start times are staggered so do vary, but are usually no more than an hour difference each day). Number of drops depend on the route, but usually between 2 to 6 per day, mainly to the forecourts of stores such as Budgens, Londis, Tesco, Shell etc. Deliveries are made with a tail lift and cages.
Evening/Night trunking shifts:
– trunk/night routes are generally from Didcot to Exeter or Cardiff. You drive a full trailer down to the site, assist with the unload at the other end and then drive back. These shifts are a guaranteed 9 x hours pay + overtime. Rotating weeks, Monday – Friday then Sunday – Thursday.
10 x week temp to perm. At the end of the 10 x week probation period, you will attain a full time, permanent position.
£13.38 per hour first 10 x weeks
On completion of temp to perm, rate increases to £13.88 per hour + all overtime and company benefits.
– HGV Class 1 driving license
– minimum 12 months driving experience in UK in class 1
– digital tacho card
– driver CPC
– over 23 years old due to insurance
We are able to offer an immediate start. Drivers will complete a driver assessment and a drug & alcohol test before any offer is made.